Mama's Mac 'n Cheese


As a college student, sometimes there is nothing I want more than a warm and home-cooked meal. I especially want a meal prepared by my mom. No comfort compares to sitting in your home eating a delicious meal surrounded by family. What I would give to be able to just go home and have a meal prepared by my mom! 

I was very fortunate to be blessed with a mom who is an excellent cook. Growing up, I remember every day my mom would get home from work and immediately begin preparing dinner for our family. My mom comes from a long line of incredible cooks, so she has many wonderful recipes that she gets to bless our family with. One of my personal favorites is her crockpot mac 'n cheese. That was always what I requested for my birthday meals and I always told my friends that they had never had good mac 'n cheese until they tried my mama's mac 'n cheese. This quickly became the meal that all my friends requested when they came over to my house and was my mom's famous recipe. It is very simple and today I want to share the recipe with you so that you can enjoy this wonderful meal as well! I hope that it can bring comfort to you even when you are not home. 


Mama's Mac 'n Cheese


Ingredients: 

- One pound of macaroni 

- One stick of butter

- One can of evaporated milk

- One can of cheddar cheese soup

- Two eggs

- One cup of milk

- Four cups of shredded cheddar cheese


Recipe:

Begin by boiling the macaroni to al dente. Once it has come to a boil, drain the excess water and put the macaroni into a crock pot. Cut the butter into slices and put it on top of the macaroni. Then add salt and pepper and mix it all together. 

In a separate mixing bowl beat the eggs and then add the cheese soup, evaporated milk and regular milk. Stir these ingredients together. Once the ingredients have combined begin to slowly add the shredded cheddar cheese. Pour the mixture into the crockpot with the macaroni and stir it all together. 

Cover with a lid and then set the crockpot to low for four hours. Once it is done, add some shredded cheese to melt on the top and your delicious mac 'n cheese is ready to be served! Enjoy. 


Comments

  1. I love this! Home-cooked meals are always the best and so comforting! That is so funny your mom became known for her mac and cheese among your friends. Homemade crockpot meals are normally my least favorite but when it comes to mac and cheese it's the best — despite benign lactose intolerant. I’m glad you got to have some home cooked comfort here at school!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!