Labor Day Weekend!
This weekend was a special one because we had Monday off for Labor Day and I got to spend some extra time with my friends! I had experienced a pretty exhausting week prior, so it felt very nice knowing that we were going to have a long weekend to relax. Although I was a little sad that I could not go home like many of my friends were able to do. I love being an ONU student and know it was the perfect choice for me, however it has never gotten easier being eight hours from home. On weekends like this it is hard watching people get to go home and see their families when I am not able to do so.
Because of that, those of us that were staying on campus tried to make some fun plans to stay busy! After classes on Friday, my roommates and I took the time to clean up our house so that we would not have to do so over the weekend. We went to our friends' house that evening to spend time with others in the theater department and it was a blast! It is fun that we have two senior houses owned by people in the theater departments so that we can host game nights and open our homes to our friends. My friends Matt, Sam and Frankie live in the other house and I am so grateful for their hospitality in having us all over!
On Saturday I got some much-needed homework and studying done during the day. Later on, we decorated our house in a glow-in-the-dark theme since we were hosting another department get together that evening. We made snacks for everyone and our friend Vivian even made a banner that we could take pictures in front of! We had some games set up outside in our driveway and we loved having our friends over for the evening!
Sunday was set aside for its original intention, rest. My roommates and I took that literally and laid around almost the whole day watching movies and spending time together. It is times like these that I will miss the most. There is something so special about living with your best friends that I am trying to cherish every moment of.
We decided that for Labor Day we were going to make a roommates trip to Columbus for some shopping. We wanted to get out of Ada for a bit and this was the perfect opportunity! The main reason we wanted to go was so we could shop at Trader Joe’s. We went shopping at a nearby mall and had a great time together! We did our Trader Joe’s run and then grabbed some Chick-fil-A for dinner before heading back to Ada. We finished the perfect weekend off by watching another movie together. I cannot wait to make more of these memories with my closest friends this year!
Comments
Post a Comment