Keeping Up With Kayleigh: A Podcast!

I have always enjoyed listening to podcasts while doing various activities. I am the type of person that cannot do anything in silence so it is important to always have something playing in the background. I never thought of creating my own podcast but this class has brought me out of my comfort zone and I finally was able to create one of my own!

I was challenged when thinking of who to interview for this podcast and it took me several days to think of. Then I finally remembered I have a family member who has been in the marketing industry for years! My brother, Justin Jarkowsky, is the Recruiting Success Manager & Marketing Department Team Lead for the company Yellowstone Local. Before this he worked for several other companies before stepping into this leadership role. 

Making this podcast was so much easier than I thought it would be. In my head I thought you needed all the expensive recording equipment and a fancy set-up to record a podcast, but when I really took the time to sit down and figure out how to do a podcast it was a very easy process. Once I figured out how to record a podcast and who I would be interviewing, I decided what questions I would ask and what I would learn from it.

The questions I asked are as follows:

1. How did you know that a career in marketing and social media was for you?

2. How did you get into the marketing industry? Did you go to school? 

3. What are some of your favorite strategies to use when marketing on social media?

4. What are some of the things you have learned throughout your years working in this business?

5. Do you have any tips for people looking to go into this field and be successful?

Although I was interviewing my brother I truly did not understand all that it takes to be in the marketing industry. I learned so much from his responses and feel as though I understand the first steps of how to be successful as a social media influencer. I am really grateful for this project because I have learned various new things from completing it. I will link the podcast below and also add a visual of Justin so that you can put a face to the name. I hope you enjoy it and learn as much as I did!


My brother Justin and his wife Kelsey
Podcast Link!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!