My Perfect Family

When I first came to ONU, I had never felt so lonely in my life. I knew that coming to a school 8 hours away from home wouldn't be easy, but I did not expect it to be this hard. I am a homebody at heart but I also am an independent person so I thought that I would adjust easily to college life but it was quite the opposite.

Bid Day!

Since I grew up in a large family it was quite the culture shock moving away from them and living in a quiet dorm when I am used to always being surrounded by family and noise. I had never met my roommate prior to moving in and she is on the volleyball team so was hardly ever home. Because of that we didn't get to know each other until several weeks into school. I am in a small major, so outside of that I didn't know many people.

My fam!

I felt as though I was missing something. A part of me was left at home and I felt like I would never be truly happy here. There were a few people on campus that knew I was struggling with this feeling of loneliness and one person reached out to me and asked if I had considered rushing into Greek life. To be honest, I laughed. I never considered myself a 'sorority girl' and never pictured myself going Greek. Since I was at rock bottom I decided to try to rush and see how I liked it.

My perfect big and twin!

My friend and I went through the process together and every night we reassessed if we would go to another round of rush the next night. For some reason, I kept finding the urge to go back which was so strange to me. On the third night of rush, I knew exactly where I was meant to be. It was during one of the rush rounds that I met the woman who would be my future big, Alli. I knew from that moment that if I got in I wanted her to be MY big. I finally felt a true connection here at ONU which is something I had been longing for for weeks. 


Some other amazing Theta girls

I got my bid and joined Kappa Alpha Theta and the rest is history! When it was time I went on several Big/Little dates but in the back of my head I knew exactly who I wanted from the beginning. When we started getting hints on who our big was I was so scared that I wasn't going to get Alli. We were surprised with the Big/Little reveal earlier than expected and I remember opening my eyes to my perfect big. Alli stood right in front of me screaming and I looked to my left and saw another girl from my pledge class, Rachel, with us and realized I not only got my perfect big but also got blessed with the best twin little ever!

My big and G-big

It was one of the happiest memories I have made at ONU so far. That night I not only got the best big and twin but also got the best G-Big, Kara, and GG-Big, Kennedey, AND GGG-Big Liv. Safe to say we are one of the biggest fams. We have fam nights all the time and these people have truly become my college family. They are my perfect fam and I am so blessed to have them in my life. Since joining Theta, I have met so many wonderful people and have such a great group of women surrounding me and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!