"9 to 5" Rehearsals!


If you have been following along with my blog from the beginning you would know that I am a musical theater major here at ONU! Although I am pursuing a minor in marketing and really enjoy that department, theatre is truly my biggest passion! I always tell people that I am not a crazy theatre kid, and to be honest, those who make theatre their whole life really annoy me, LOL! However, I always say that I am just a person who does theatre because I believe I was given my talents for a reason. 

Choosing to come to ONU to pursue my degree in musical theatre wasn't a difficult decision because they truly run an incredible department here and I know I am getting some of the very best training! Last semester we went through an extensive audition process for all of the spring semester shows. I was so nervous because I wanted to be in a show so badly, but I knew it wasn't common for freshman to get into shows their first year. However, I persevered and made it to the final callback for the spring musical, "9 to 5"! 

Many of us anxiously awaited the cast list for the spring shows for several days after callbacks. The list was finally posted and I discovered I got into the musical! I was cast as the Judy understudy and the ensemble as well! I was shocked because I never imagined I'd be able to understudy a lead role and also get an ensemble track my freshman year. I was and still am elated!

We finally began rehearsals about two weeks ago and will open the show in about three weeks. It has been a crazy process so far while trying to keep up with classes and then be at rehearsal every night from 6-10 p.m. However, I know it will be worth all the work and exhaustion when we finally get the show put together! The ONU Theatre Arts Department really works to make sure we get lots of exposure to the professional world in our four years here and they do that by bringing in many guest directors for shows throughout the year. Our director for this musical is Ann Cooley and she is a well-versed director and choreographer and has many professional credits as well as being a former Radio City Rockette! 

"9 to 5" is a high-energy show and will be so fun to put on the Freed stage! This production is huge and involves so many people in the cast, crew and directing team to make sure it all comes together. It is an awesome tribute to the one and only Dolly Parton's music and I know it will be such a fun show for an audience to watch. If you are interested in coming I will link the tickets below! The show runs April 20-27 in the Freed Center on campus. You won't want to miss it! I hope to see you there!

Comments

  1. That’s so exciting! I have a friend who has a dance minor so I have witnessed the aftermath of all those late-night practices. She comes home and literally eats the most random food and passes out a couple of minutes later. That is so cool you are in “9-to-5”! I have been hearing a lot about it lately. I hope all the practices are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing! First of all, congrats! I can't imagine how excited you are! Second, you're so right, all the hard work and late nights will totally pay off! I can't wait to come and watch! I've been to a few shows here and they've all been amazing so I know this one will be just as good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!