Social Media Workshop ‘24


The 2024 Social Media Workshop has officially wrapped up! It was an amazing experience and I am so grateful I was able to attend. I learned a lot of intriguing things about what it’s like to run a social media platform for a business, or even for personal gain. There were four different sessions and a keynote speaker, so no one left having learned nothing! In each session there were two speakers to choose from. The speakers in attendance were Amy Hertsenberg, Sally Stearns, Meghann Winters-Rowe, Dillan Kanya, Dayton Barnett, Colin Wylie, Mallory Grayson, Joe Dunay and Brandon Daniels. 

Throughout this blog post, I will give a brief overview of what each speaker spoke on. One assignment for my Principles of Social Media class was to live Tweet throughout the duration of one session. I will go into more detail about that specific session I chose to Tweet about later on in this post. After we registered in the morning we were able to hear from the keynote speaker, Amy Hertsenberg! She spoke on AI-powered digital mastery.

Some specific things I took from the keynote speaker were that AI is going to impact digital marketing in several ways by shifting responsibilities, emphasizing data interpretation, focusing on creativity and innovation and will need people to continuously learn how to manage AI and adapt with it. After the keynote speaker I went to Meghann Winters-Rowe's session and she spoke on the power of social media advertising. She really emphasized that the key to advertising is to define and truly understand the audience you are advertising to.

After that I got to attend Dayton Barnett's session on video creating and storytelling in event-heavy environments. This was by far my favorite session and was also the one I chose to live Tweet during! Dayton was such a fun and down-to-earth speaker and did a great job at connecting with his audience. Some of my favorite takeaways from this session were that you have to be ready and willing to adapt to the different environments you work in, you have to be true to yourself and your content, capture incredible moments and have fun! Be sure to check out my Twitter for more information about this session.

The last two speakers I heard from at the workshop were Colin Wylie and Brandon Daniels. Wylie spoke about brand authenticity in the FYP and really emphasized that the best way to stand out from the crowd is to be authentic in your brand. Daniels talked about mastering the algorithm and it was an intriguing session. I have always been confused about how the algorithm works and this gave me lots of insight into the topic and how to master it as a creator in this industry. 

Overall I had a great day at the workshop! I truly learned so much valuable information that I can use to better myself while pursuing a career in marketing. Although it was a long day, it really was rewarding and I am grateful that I had the opportunity to attend. I highly recommend attending this annual workshop if you would like to learn more about social media marketing! 

X Account



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!