A Little Bit of Everything

We are officially at the busiest time of the semester! The last month of school is insane and I find myself struggling to keep up at times. I have been dealing with a mystery sickness for the last two weeks and it has really taken a toll on me which hasn't been helpful at all! After three different appointments at the health center, they finally put me on antibiotics so I am hoping that it helps get whatever this sickness is out of my system.

On top of being sick, we are now in the busiest and most crucial part of "9 to 5". We began tech week this past Saturday and spent our weekend in two 10-hour rehearsals. For those of you who are not well-educated in the theatre world, tech week is basically the week leading up to the opening of a show. The cast and crew spend this week in very long rehearsals and many late nights working on putting all aspects of the show together. This includes working with lighting, sound, costumes, spacing, orchestra and more. It is a giant process that has to be done in a short amount of time. 

On top of these long rehearsals, we are expected to keep up with classes and homework and it can be very difficult at times. I am trying my best! On Monday we were gifted the night off which was a huge blessing. I haven't had a night off in over a month. This week is Greek Week here at ONU and I knew going into it I wouldn't be able to participate since I would be in tech for the musical. I was so excited to have the night off and go and support my sisters at Greek Sing! It was such a fun night and I had a blast watching everyone perform. My big and twin little were our Greek Goddesses and it was so funny to watch! 

The next day was Honor's Day on campus so we had off classes, but I was busy the entire day regardless. I attended the Pharmacy ceremony at 9 a.m. to support my twin little and GG-Big who were receiving awards. After the ceremony we got breakfast at Tavern as a fam and it was so nice getting to spend time with them all after being so busy these past few weeks. After that I headed to Taft for the freshman showcase rehearsal. Every year the musical theatre freshmen perform a showcase during finals week to introduce themselves as a class to the department. We are having a blast preparing it and I will give more information on that soon. After that rehearsal I grabbed lunch and headed to the front of campus to help with a senior photoshoot for my sorority. I am the social media assistant for Theta, so I am in charge of making sure we have all different types of content to use whenever it is needed.

The MT freshman class!
We have continued tech rehearsals every night this week and are just two days away from opening! I really hope to see you all there. We have had some bumps in the road along this process and we are so lucky to still be performing this show. We have put so much work into it and it truly will be an incredible show. We have two shows this weekend and three shows the next weekend, so you have plenty of options to choose from! I'll make sure to give you a recap of this weekend's performances in my next blog post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!