A Long Weekend in the Village!


At this point in the semester I am completely burnt out! We have had lots of challenges throughout the process of "9 to 5", I have been getting sick constantly and school is at the busiest time of the semester! Because of all these challenges, a long weekend was very much needed! Thanks to the rare total solar eclipse we got an extra day off! I figured for this blog post I would take you through what I did with my long weekend.

After classes on Friday I had to register for next semester's classes and if any of you know the process here at ONU, it is very stressful! Luckily I got into most of the classes that I wanted and I am just happy it is over! I grabbed dinner quickly and then headed to a meeting with the company of "9 to 5". We discussed some changes that were happening and then jumped straight into rehearsals for the rest of the evening. We had rehearsal until 10 p.m. and then a bunch of us decided to go to The Cask Room for karaoke night! When we got there we realized they had canceled karaoke night so we just decided to hang out for a while in one of my friend's apartments. Later that evening someone had the great idea to go to Waffle House at 1 a.m. and we spent the rest of our evening there!


The next morning started bright and early and I had rehearsal from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It was a long day but we got a lot done! After rehearsal I went home and caught up on some chores I had been putting off before climbing into bed to take a long-awaited nap. I grabbed dinner with some of my friends and then got ready to go watch the Musical Theatre Senior Showcase! It was an incredible show that the seniors presented and it brought all of us in the audience to tears! I personally was so touched by their performance and caught myself getting emotional thinking about the fact that in 3 short years, that's going to be my class. I know we are still freshmen, but this year has truly flown by so fast and I know that is how every year will be. 

On Sunday morning I woke up and got ready to go visit a new church. I spent the afternoon doing laundry, washing my bedding, deep cleaning my room and catching up on homework. I am feeling very overstimulated trying to keep up with everything while I am so busy with rehearsals, so I have to spend every free moment doing homework. On Sunday evenings I have chapter with my sorority and I was so excited to finally see some of my friends after having to miss so many events lately! Then I headed to the BearCave to watch the improv show being held there. It was so funny! Since we had the next day off, a bunch of us decided to hang out after the improv show. Somehow we ended up at Waffle House at 1 a.m. for the second time that weekend! I know these are memories that I will remember forever. 


I finally got to sleep in on Monday morning and it was so refreshing! I am so thankful for the eclipse giving us a day off. I ate some breakfast and got ready to meet up with some of my friends for the afternoon. We planned to have a picnic on the Tundra and play games together until it was time for the eclipse. It was a gorgeous day! We had such a fun time together. The eclipse was so cool to watch! We did some homework before grabbing dinner and heading to rehearsal at 5:30 p.m. I ended up leaving rehearsal early this evening due to not feeling well, but that is an entirely different story! It was a very fun weekend and I am so thankful for the extra day off. These next two weeks will be busier than ever so stay tuned for some fun content! 

Comments

  1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who is always sick this year. I have no clue why because normally I never get sick. Congrats on attending a new church, me and my family did that for awhile but ended up right back at our hometown church. I hope the rest of the semester treats you well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!