Closing Weekend!



Dressing Room Pals!

The time has come! After nearly nine weeks of rehearsals, tech and shows, "9 to 5" is officially over. It feels absolutely crazy to say that out loud. This has been such a huge part of my life for the past few weeks and I don't know what to do with myself now that I have free time because that was non-existent throughout this whole process. However, we are getting into the hardest two weeks of the semester so I won't have much free time after all. 

The puppet girls ;)
I want to talk you through how this weekend went so I can remember every moment of it! We had a brush-up rehearsal Thursday to make sure that we still remembered the show and didn't have any issues. It was a really chill rehearsal with no costumes, makeup or lights. We had one show Friday and two shows Saturday, so we made sure to soak up every minute of it. I was extra excited for this weekend because my mom, little brother and grandma were coming to visit and see the show! I hadn't seen them since spring break so I was so happy. After my classes Friday I grabbed dinner at the dining hall and then luckily my family arrived around 5 p.m. so I was able to go visit them at the inn for a little bit before heading to the Freed Center. 

The freshmen!


Our show went great that evening and then we had to stay later than normal because we had a photo call. This is probably the worst night of the entire run because all you want to do after a show is see the people who came to watch you and go home, but instead you have to take all sorts of pictures and change costumes depending on what scene they are getting pictures of. We were there for an additional hour and then most of us went to the inn. It is tradition that after most shows everyone heads to the inn with their families and friends to mingle. I introduced my family to everyone which was so nice. Later that evening my friends and I took my little brother, Jake, for his first Waffle House trip at midnight. I love spending time with him and it was so fun getting to watch him have fun with my college friends. 


Two of my fav seniors!

Saturday began with going with my family and close friends to get brunch at a local diner in Lima. I was so excited for my friends to meet my mom and get to know her. I had to be at the Freed Center by 12:30 p.m. so we headed back to campus so that I could prepare for a long day of shows! I was extra excited for our 2 p.m. show that day since my biological family and my Theta family were all coming to watch! After the show they all surprised me with flowers which almost made me cry. I am just so lucky to have two incredible families who love and support me in everything I do. The cast got a one-hour dinner break before having to come back for our evening show so my family and I grabbed dinner at Viva Maria's and it was delicious!

My family!


Our final show got a little emotional. It was so sad watching the seniors prepare to take their final bow at ONU and think about how they won't be here next year. I am tearing up right now just thinking about it. They have all taken a very special place in my heart and I am so sad that we only got one short year together. However, I can't wait to watch them all thrive in the professional world. 

My Theta girls!


I didn't think that I would cry at the end of this show, but seeing all of the seniors cry made me emotional. I am just so lucky to be a part of this department and to have found my place at ONU. I have had the most incredible freshman year and I am not ready for it to be over. Although this show had some bumps in the road, it will always hold a special place in my heart since it was my very first show here. If you didn't get to see the show, I'm sorry you missed out! It was definitely one for the books. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!