Essentials of Social Media Marketing


As I wrap up the final assignment for my social media class, I wanted to take some time and reflect on our textbook for this course. We used "Essentials of Social Media Marketing" by Michelle Charello as our guidance throughout this class. I personally really enjoyed this textbook! I know some people had mixed feelings about it, but overall I think it was very helpful.

It was incredibly easy to access since it was an online textbook. I hate carrying around heavy books in my bag, so I love it when things are online. With the purchase of this book we also got access to the simternship that was one of our major assignments for this class. Stukent provided us with great resources to aid our learning. 

All the chapters followed a similar setup. I liked the routine of this. It helped me understand exactly what I needed to know by laying it out clearly. At the end of each chapter it also provided a practice quiz which I utilized for the two main exams we took in this class. The textbook came with a PowerPoint for each chapter that we went over in class. Although it was helpful to go over the material we read outside of class, sometimes I got very bored when we would just go over the same things in class. 

I liked it when we would watch all the different brand success stories and videos in class. These were helpful to see how each brand is utilizing these tools so that we can see how they work and know how to use these tools in the future. Overall, I think this book was a great addition to our class. I came out of this class with so much more knowledge than I did going into it. It also has made me really excited that I decided to pursue a marketing minor because I really do love this field. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!