Social Media Simternship


One of our main assignments for the Principles of Social Media class I have been taking this semester was completing a simulation of what it is like to be a digital marketer for a company. There were 12 rounds in total and we had the majority of the semester to complete them. I remember feeling overwhelmed when we first got the assignment because I had never done anything like this before, but once I got going I noticed that each round got easier. 

The Stukent Social Media Simternship is a simulation that helps the student work on creating organic social media posts, paid social posts, work with influencers and know how to do all of this while balancing a strict budget. While doing these main tasks we also have to decide the proper way to respond to customer messages, examine prior company data, analyze strategies and more. The Simternship is based on working for a bag company called Buhi Supply Co. They offer a variety of bags for every occasion which helps marketing strategies. 

Personally I think that the hardest objective I worked on was the organic social media posts. I noticed that no matter how much effort I put into examining all the successful strategies from prior posts, it never had a good outcome. I tried many different methods by using various pictures, hashtags, and tones. Because of these issues I noticed that I did not do very well in the first few rounds. 

My favorite part of this simulation was working with influencers. I noticed that when talking to my classmates many of them hated this part. For me I found the most success with this category. I was able to look through our demographics and used that when choosing influencers. Although working with influencers can be very expensive, I personally think it was worth it to get an increase in revenue. I think that this set me up for success in the long run and I am very glad I took the risk of putting a lot of money into these influencers. The most successful influencer that I worked with was Chris Ronald who was very similar to the Daypacker Tom demographic that was in one of our packets.

Overall I think that this was a really useful simulation! I noticed that I was so focused on getting good outcomes to keep my ranking high that I wanted to complete the rounds as soon as possible, unlike how I normally put off regular assignments. I learned so much about how to be a successful digital marketer in this industry and I know that I will be able to take this information with me into the real world! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!