A Week in the Life

Some people like to live a chill life where they do their work or school during the day but then come home and relax in the evenings. However, I am not one of those people. I love to constantly be busy and be surrounded by friends. I go crazy when I have nothing to do or when I am stuck in one place for long periods. Life here at Ohio Northern sure does keep me busy and for that I am very thankful. 

I love watching TikTok videos of what people do in their days or perhaps throughout their week, so I decided to dedicate this blog post to tell you all about what I did throughout this week. My week started off bright and early on Sunday morning when my sorority fam picked me up to go to church. Most of us typically go to different churches but we haven't had much time to hang out lately so we decided to take the morning and go to church together. After church we got Panera for lunch and it was so wonderful getting to spend time with them. It's at these moments that I realize how lucky I am to have found my family away from home. The rest of Sunday was spent taking care of one of the Polar Paws dogs and getting homework done. 



Later on Sunday evening I was able to attend the annual Greek Awards on campus. It is a special ceremony where people from each chapter on campus come together to celebrate each other's achievements throughout the past year. The awards we took home that night were Outstanding Community Service, Outstanding Educational and Membership Development Program, Most Improved GPA and Silver Standards of Excellence. I am so proud of all my sisters in Kappa Alpha Theta for all of their hard work! I truly am so proud to be a Theta.



Monday was filled with classes all day long from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Most of my major classes are on these days. I found myself extremely exhausted and wanting to skip class but luckily I found the motivation to keep going! After classes I walked to the grocery store with my friend on this gorgeous and sunny day. Later that evening I was able to get dinner with one of my best friends Lenore. While walking back from the dining hall we saw that the sunset was gorgeous and decided to walk to the far end of campus by the football field to watch the sunset together. I am so thankful for her friendship! Ada truly does have incredible sunsets and we are lucky to experience them.


On Tuesday I was able to have a relaxing morning! On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do not have class until 12 p.m. and it is very nice! I was able to use the morning to get some homework done and eat lunch before class. I then have classes from 12 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. In between my tap and musicianship classes I picked up one of the Polar Paws dogs. Her name is Fey and she is one of my favorites! After classes I was invited to two Klondike reveals. It was so exciting! However, I knew exactly who the reveal would be. The first reveal was filled with Theta members and sure enough, it was Gwen! The next reveal was filled with people from the theatre arts department and as we all guessed, Jacob was Klondike! I think that ONU does a great job at making these events so exciting. I was also so surprised to be invited to two reveals as a freshman!


Now here we are on Wednesday. I just keep telling myself that we are halfway through the week! Typically the weeks seem to fly by, but I think this week is going slowly because I am getting excited to go home next week for spring break. 9 days until I reunite with my family! Who knows what the rest of this week holds for me, but I am excited to be getting closer and closer to going home and getting a break from schoolwork. I hope you all are having an amazing week and just remember that we are so close to Friday!

Comments

  1. It seems like you had such a fun but busy week here. I knew it had to be Gwen when I got the email invite. I thought to myself like who do I know that has that much school spirit and I immediately thought of her. But it was so fun to see all the Thetas show up and support her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Opening Weekend!

Easter in Chicago!

Valentine's Day!